Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Brothers & Sisters

Muslims refer to each other as brothers and sisters. Even me, as different as my beliefs are from most Muslims - they call me their sister.

To me, their viewpoints ("they" referring to Sunnis/Shias/Sufis) are as different as night and day to mine. I have as much in common with them in their personal beliefs than I do with Christians or Jewish people. If the terms "brothers" and "sisters" is applied to people because we all share in a monotheistic viewpoint, or we all believe in the same one true God, then Christians should also be referred to as brothers and sisters by Muslims, as well as Jewish people.

Just a thought! I personally consider Christians and Jews to be brothers and sisters with me, as we worship the same God.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Quranists Network
.