Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Articles of Islam

I want to start posting articles I read concerning Muslims or Islam on here if I find them interesting.
NOTE: If I post an article link, this does not indicate that I agree with the author. It simply means I found the article interesting and informative.

This article I found while researching Unitarian Universalism. I told you guys I love learning about religion. :-)

From Islam to Unitarian Universalism
This article is by Hafidha Acuay and she is a woman who was raised Muslim, but then left Islam for Unitarian Universalism. She talks about why she left Islam.




2 comments:

  1. Crystal - I thought it was intriguing too! I'm still trying to understand Unitarian Universalism. It seems like it's very personalized and individual. For example, they say that Atheists are part of their community, as well as Christians, Jewish, and Humanists, etc. So. . . I'm still figuring out what exactly the core elements are.

    Their history is behind Christianity, but at the same time, they don't follow Jesus. . . ? I love to learn and I'm glad I get to learn and dig into this. I've attended a UU church service once and it was good. I liked it! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well keep digging!! I noticed the article didn't really spell out what the UU church believes in but I for one would like to know...A little curious as to why their history is linked to Christianity but yet they don't believe in Jesus. I find that a little odd.. but the woman in this article I believe just had to go on her own path in order to be at peace with herself. Let us know what you find out!

    ReplyDelete

Quranists Network
.