Friday, November 4, 2011

Why Muslims SHOULD Celebrate Christmas

If you are Muslim, you should know to respect all prophets and messengers of Allah. ALL of them. Equally, might I add. That includes Moses, Noah, Jesus, Abraham, Lot, Jacob, David, etc etc etc. According to the Qur'an, Islam was taught by all of these prophets. Islam being, of course, the belief in the one god & belief in the Day of Judgement, and of course, submission to Allah.


2:136 We believe in Allah, and the revelation given to us, and to Abraham, Isma’il, Isaac,

Jacob, and the Tribes, and that given to Moses and Jesus, and that given to (all)
prophets from their Lord: We make no difference between one and another of them . . 


Why then, may I ask, is Christmas not celebrated among the Muslim community? Mawlid is a public holiday in many Muslim countries (Mawlid being Mohammed's birthday). When you celebrate someone's birthday, are you worshiping that person? NO. You are celebrating the day that person was brought into this world because you love & value him/her. This really isn't a difficult concept.


3:45 O Mary! Allah giveth thee glad tidings of a Word from Him: his name will be Christ

Jesus, the son of Mary, held in honour in this world and the Hereafter and of (the
company of) those nearest to Allah.


As the Qur'an states, Jesus was an important prophet; this isn't argued. Why not celebrate his birth? Was he not an extremely important figure at his time, and even now? Did he do amazing things and deliver Allah's message with love and acceptance? Why would you celebrate a relative or friend's birthday, while excluding a revolutionary religious figure (if you are a religious person)? The only reason to neglect this holiday is because you don't recognize the validity or impact of Jesus on humanity. In that case, one cannot legitimately say that he/she follows Islam & the holy Qur'an.

There are countless (and I mean countless) songs in the Muslim world praising Mohammed past appropriate, but how many songs are of any other prophet? I shall direct you again to the about ayah stating, "We make no different between one and another of them." What should this mean to Muslims? This should mean WE should make no difference between one and another of them, period. They were all divinely inspired and given the holy spirit of Allah.

You can guarantee that I'll be celebrating Christmas with my Christian brothers & sister. No doubt about that. Jesus was an amazing prophet with love and compassion and a wonderful message from Allah. I will PROUDLY celebrate Christmas and sing songs about how great he was. Allah made no mistake in choosing Jesus or any other prophet and messenger. I will respect the message that Allah relayed through Jesus and the prophet Jesus himself.

6 comments:

  1. Amzing post,excellent idea Persia,like it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Peace and mercy of God
    Dear Persia

    Christians must know that we are Muslims
    Respect of Christ
    As well as his mother the Virgin Mary
    And a Muslim can not be a true Muslim
    However, when believing in the message of Christ
    As well as messages of Moses and Abraham, Jacob, Noah and other prophets

    But the only difference between us is:
    We do not believe that Christ is the Son of God
    Or to be God incarnate
    And do not believe he was crucified to redeem people

    God does not kill the innocent even forgive the wrong ??!!!
    If someone stole my house, I do not kill my son because I like the thief??!!

    We believe that a great prophet
    And that he will be back in the end of time

    And do not believe that the whole world will be Muslim just
    God teaches us in the Qur'an
    That God can be the whole world one nation
    But God created the heaven and the fire and the creation of life and death
    And everyone can choose the path that he wants in life
    And this path will determine the outcome in the end

    Each year and you are okay
    On the occasion of Eid al-Adha

    In God's care
    Peace and mercy of God

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have a message over at ireminisces for you all, my latest bloglet "Sunnats Of Eid Ul Adha" feel free to comment and follow. Oh just getting your questioned checked by a scholor then will answer on my blog I read your comments all the time.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Assalamu Alalikum Wa Rahmatullahi Wa Barakatuh

    I am very impressed with this post. You have a lot of good valid points. My family does celebrate it, but that is because we are an interfaith family. I do not see anything wrong with this, now with that being said I do limit what goes on in our house during that. I do not mind the gift giving, which I usually ask them not to get me anything, but I try to make a good size meal for the entire family. If you celebrate, it should be a family event.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Salaamu leikum, sister! :-) Thank you very much for reading providing your insight, as well. I think that this Christmas, as it is my first Christmas as a Muslim, I will appreciate the significance of Jesus more than I have in the past.

    I was never largely involved with any other "Abrahamic" religion so Christmas never really meant a lot to me. I think being a follower of Islam, I should be recognizing the validity and importance of such prophets and messengers.

    ReplyDelete

Quranists Network
.