Thursday, October 6, 2011

Fasting Plan

You have no idea how badly I feel about failing.

The end of Day 2, I ate a meal. It's strange, though. . . After I ate, and prayed (for quite a while), while I was reading Qur'an, I felt like it was being spoken to me. I felt extremely close to Allah. It was as if Truth was being poured into my brain as I was reading. During my prayer, I asked for clarity in a situation, and right after prayer, the very first surah I read pertained exactly to what I prayed about.

I know I failed on a 7 day water fast, but I feel almost like I was being. . . comforted from my absolute guilt for only going 2 days. I think simply the fact I was doing something for Allah and only for Allah that I was rewarded by a STRONG, very stern presence.

I believe that one reason why I wasn't able to complete all 7 days is because my body is not used to fasting for that long. I don't count Ramadan as pure fasting, as you get to eat twice a day.

New game plan: I am going to do some intermittent fasting. That means, I am going to fast every other day. This fast will also be dedicated to God, but it will also be a primer to a longer fast, like 3 days, then 7 days. So I will fast tomorrow, Friday, then Sunday, then Tuesday, then Thursday, etc. My plan is to continue this through the month of October.

Also, there are endless health benefits to fasting as well. Of course, I am taking vitamins to accompany this fast.

1 comment:

  1. Your investing into this wonderful islam blog. Please do follow/comment on my blog. Stay blessed and keep up the good work

    ReplyDelete

Quranists Network
.